Hear Dr. Reed-Thomson talk about models of sustainability in this podcast episode.
PDF Documents for download to help you better understand DML:
- DML Annual Report 2022 (550 KB PDF) – Read about the work that was accomplished throughout 2022!
- DML Annual Report 2021 (352KB PDF) – Read about the work that was accomplished by fourteen partners in twelve countries throughout 2021!
- The DML Portfolio (3MB PDF) – A brief summary of the work that we do, why we do it, and where it is being implemented.
- DML Annual Report 2020 (899 KG PDF)- Read about the work that was done in 2020 despite the significant challenges presented by COVID-19.
- DML Annual Report 2019 (17 MB PDF) – Read about the good work that God has been doing through DML in 2019.
- Wealth Creation Manifesto (680KB PDF) – Many people are uncomfortable with the idea of “wealth creation” and prefer the term “poverty alleviation.” This document, put out by the Business as Mission Congress, explores the idea of wealth creation from a faith perspective.
- Lausanne Commission BAM (762 KB PDF) – This is the official document written in 2004 by the Lausanne Commission for Worldwide Evangelism and how they define Business as Mission. Note that the recommendations they make are two: first to the Church, and then to business people.
- Poverty Cure Statement of Principles (376 KB PDF) – The Acton Institute has put out a powerful six-part series that speaks very well to the challenge of poverty alleviation from a Christian perspective and the role that business and entrepreneurship plays in that important work. These principles speak to their core beliefs.
- DB2018-Full-Report (14.5 MB PDF) – The World Bank puts out an annual report on the “Ease of Doing Business,” assessing and ranking each country on various categories. Check this out to see how your country is doing, and compare it to some of the countries where DML is working.
- Jesus-and-the-Parables-1 (298 KB PDF) – This article by Dr. Klaus Issler of the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics looks closely at the inclusion of work roles in Jesus’ parables. An excellent read.
Written by DML’s own Phillip Walker, PhD and Renita Reed-Thomson, PhD:
- The Flourishing Series: The Mission of God, The Three Great Directives, Living Out a Quadruple Bottom Line, and Financial Freedom for Families.
- The Way Forward: Implementing the DML ministry in the Local Church
- Financial Freedom for Families: A Biblical Approach
- The Grand Narrative of God: Church-Based Business as Mission
Contact DML if you have any interest in these books!
Please visit these like-minded organizations committed to business as mission:
For devotions relating to the integration of faith and work, please visit one of these sites: