PDF documents for download to help you better understand DML:
- The DML Portfolio (3MB PDF) – A brief summary of the work that we do, why we do it, and where it is being implemented.
- DML Annual Report 2019 (17 MB PDF) – Read about the good work that God has been doing through DML in 2019.
- Wealth Creation Manifesto (680KB PDF) – Many people are uncomfortable with the idea of “wealth creation” and prefer the term “poverty alleviation.” This document, put out by the Business as Mission Congress, explores the idea of wealth creation from a faith perspective.
- Lausanne Commission BAM (762 KB PDF) – This is the official document written in 2004 by the Lausanne Commission for Worldwide Evangelism and how they define Business as Mission. Note that the recommendations they make are two: first to the Church, and then to business people.
- PovertyCure Statement of Principles (376 KB PDF) – The Acton Institute has put out a powerful six-part series that speaks very well to the challenge of poverty alleviation from a Christian perspective and the role that business and entrepreneurship plays in that important work. These principles speak to their core beliefs.
- DB2018-Full-Report (14.5 MB PDF) – The World Bank puts out an annual report on the “Ease of Doing Business,” assessing and ranking each country on various categories. Check this out to see how your country is doing, and compare it to some of the countries where DML is working.
DML Books, written by Dr. Phillip Walker and Renita Reed-Thomson:
- The Way Forward: Implementing the DML ministry in the Local Church
- Financial Freedom for Families: A Biblical Approach
- The Grand Narrative of God: Church-Based Business as Mission
Contact DML if you have any interest in these books!
Pastor Leonard Ashivaga, Friends Church, Kitale, Kenya
Pastor Moffat Weru, Faith Tabernacle, Kitale, Kenya