What is Discipling Marketplace Leaders (DML)?
DML is a ministry designed to help every local church have a discipleship ministry for the workplace, where most church members spend most of their time. DML started in Kenya in 2013, and has now grown to be in ten countries across Africa, as well as starting in Central and South America, and Asia. Research done in Kenya and Ghana, with more than 800 businesses and 30+ churches, has shown that the ministry makes positive impacts on the businesses, churches, and the community.
The sacred/secular divide that exists in the Global Church today is hampering the fulfillment of God’s three great directives: The Great Commitment (Gen. 1:28, 2:15), the Great Commandment, and the Great Commission. DML helps to break down that divide.
Your gift supports the work of helping every local church start a workplace discipleship ministry, where the redeemed marketplace is reclaimed for the glory of God and the flourishing of this creation. As we work with pastors and church leaders, marketplace leaders are discipled to move from being members in the pew to being ministers in the marketplace!
Here are some ways that your gift could be used:
- $25 Provide scholarships for pastors to attend foundational DML workshop
- $50 Provide scholarships for businesspeople to engage in training and mentoring
- $75 Sponsor pastors and church leaders to attend a workshop and receive coaching
- $100 Scholarships for business people to receive training, mentoring and advocacy
- $250 Empower DML teams to take the training to new churches and communities
All gifts to DML goes to support the work of the ministry and our partners across Africa and beyond. Thanks to the faithful service of our volunteers and a generous group of donors, DML does not charge administration fees. That means that 100% of your gift will go directly to supporting our ministry partners in Africa and Central America, as well as empower our staff to continue to disciple future marketplace leaders.
Rather not give online? There are lots of ways you can support our transformative work:
- Mail us a check (payable to Discipling Marketplace Leaders) at PO Box 231, Sparta, MI 49345
- Give through Resonate Global Mission, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church. (CANADIANS, please pick this one for a charitable giving receipt!) Please note that Resonate charges a 6% administration fee.
- Through stocks, IRA charitable rollover, gifts as part of your estate planning, bequests and beneficiary designations. With questions about making these types of gifts, please contact our CFO, Paul Soper, at (616) 340-0618 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak with your donor advisor.
- Through the DML loan fund: Invest in helping African businesses. An investment in the DML loan fund will help African business owners access affordable credit. With questions about making an investment in the DML loan fund, please contact our CFO, Paul Soper, at (616) 340-0618 and email@example.com.
- Through AmazonSmile, where 0.5% of all eligible purchase price will be sent to DML at no cost to you! The link will help you set this up.
Marketplace Ignitors, monthly donors, are vital to DML’s ongoing work. If you would like to be become a Marketplace Ignitor, please enter a monthly gift above, and be sure to select the country you would like to support. You will receive country specific reports, stories, and prayer requests from that country.*
*If giving for one country exceeds the need, DML reserves the right to apply excess funds to other DML countries and work.