Country & Partner Overview
The Church in Africa
The Africa of today is far different than the Africa of a quarter century ago. But the next quarter century will be even more amazing as Africa begins to come into its own economically and politically. By 2050 the population will have doubled from its current 1.29 billion to 2.53 billion. The “Christian” population has gone from approximately 9 million in 1900 to well over 350 million in 2018; by 2025 that number will reach 633 million. By 2050 it is expected that the world population will add 2.2 billion people: Africa will account for half of that growth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Africa)! The opportunity before the African Church to reclaim the marketplace for Christ is significant but the tools for how to do this are lacking. The desire of Discipling Marketplace Leaders is to equip the local church with the tools necessary to help local church members recognize their ability and potential to be light in the midst of darkness, to be the church every day of the week.
DML has a commitment to partner with other ministries where and when possible. These partners are referred to as “implementing partners.” Our prayer is that God would lead DML into partnership with those ministries who have similar passion, purpose, and values. DML is committed to not starting our own organizations in the countries where we are working. We believe that what we have to offer can best be utilized by existing structures who are exhibiting the ability to train and equip leaders in the local church. As we are invited to share the message in a country we begin to look for a partner where there is a common vision. DML helps provide the initial funding for staff with other funds to help with administration. Conferences and training events are expected to be self-funded.
Our implementing partners are as follows:
- Burkina Faso – working with AEAD and the Assemblies of God Church, as well as with CMA (Christian Missionary Alliance).
- Burundi – working with ICM Burundi and a number of denominations across the country
- Ghana – Hopeline Institute, working in Accra, Tamale, and Sandema; also working with SIM Ghana.
- Nigeria – Development Associates International Nigeria, working in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Kaduna, Minna, and Jos
- Cameroon – working with HUTSEED
- Uganda – ICM Uganda, working in Tororo and Kampala
- Kenya – ICM Kenya, working in Kitale, Kakamega, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nairobi
- Ethiopia – Working with the Kale Heywet Church across the country
- Tanzania – ICM Tanzania, working in Dar es Salaam; partnered with the Full Victory Gospel Mission
- Liberia – Working with the Harvest International Ministries Unlimited, in 80 churches across the country.
New – Our partners outside of Africa:
Nicaragua: Working with Jesse and Jari Rodriguez.
Global Advance – DML — GLOBAL ADVANCE – Working to implement DML in Sri Lanka, Brazil, India, and Nigeria
For more information on our implementing partners, please visit the specific country page.
We were all recently (November 2018) in Ghana together and took this short video of some of our worship time: