I am writing today from Harlingen, Texas, just a few miles from the border of Mexico.
We were invited to come by an organization called Nation to Nation Christian University to film our classes in their studio. Nation to Nation will be able to use the DML courses in their schools across Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and we will be able to get these videos out to a wider audience as well. Each filmed session is thirty minutes, followed by thirty minutes of discussion with a facilitator, as well as class work in application of the information.
This has been a mutual answer to prayer. Nation to Nation has been praying for courses related to the Marketplace, as most of their courses focus on the Bible and on community development. At the same time, we knew that our two-hour videos were way too long for most people to sit through, but it was going to cost too much money to hire a studio and camera people for this work. Voice over translation will also be done into key languages. We will be doing three DML courses while we are here, for a total of about forty sessions.
My face is getting a lot of makeup and my hair is getting quite the workout. The Director, John, has taken the scissors to my hair a couple of times (not to mention my clothing for any stray threads) and has managed to keep things in place.
This past week I received an email from Google Maps Timeline which informed me that so far this year I have traveled 1.8 times around the world. It tells me that I travelled about 44,268 miles, to 25 countries/regions, 375 cities, and 1,645 places. While it’s a bit creepy that it knows that (!), it also is interesting to see those numbers. It makes me a bit tired because I know that I still have two more international trips this year as well as some domestic ones, but more than anything it makes me incredibly grateful.
- I am grateful to God for the amazing things I see in His world, in both creation (nature) and in His unique, dynamic people.
- I am grateful to God for the opportunities to join Him in the work that He is doing in His church around the world, as He continues to bring people together to reclaim the redeemed Marketplace.
- I am grateful to God for the people who have created airlines, cars, microphones, projectors, computers, internet, and more that allow this work to spread.
- I am grateful to God for the DML team and our implementing partners in so many countries who have a similar calling and carry out their work with integrity and passion.
- I am grateful to God for each person who prayers for our ministry and supports it financially, participating in helping people to grow their businesses and alleviate poverty, create jobs, and help work become an act of worship.
Lord, you are good and your mercies endure forever!